1. Get early flights in (6:15 AM) and late flights out (2:15 PM).
Cebu Pacific flies to Legazpi very early in the morning. It buys you more time and gives you almost a full day in Legazpi City, thus you can see more and do more!
2. If you're planning to do ATV, do it in the morning right after your arrival.
Do this adrenaline-pumping ATV adventure to the green lava wall while the sun is still down and the sun is still not scorchingly hot. The facility is already open at 5am. The standard rate is P1500 for 2-3 hours of crossing small rivers and rocky areas of the galley but there are cheaper options too depending on the amount of time and kind of vehicle to be used. This is truly a one of a kind adventure that one should never miss when you fly down!
3. Take cool photos at Cagsawa Ruin. This is the most photographed icon of Albay. Makisali ka na rin sa mga trick shots!
4. Go caving at noontime at Hoyop-hoyopan Cave. The heat during the day had been really crazy these days. It must be the climate change. Be good to yourself and hide from the heat if you can! Opt to discover stalactites and stalagmite formation while the wind is blowing inside the cave. Hoyop-hoyopan comes from the Bicol term 'hoyop' which means to blow - a word that describes the cool, soft murmuring wind in the cave which sounds like a refreshing break from the summer heat, right?
5. Have an authentic Pinangat breakfast or lunch. When in Bicol, eat something Bicolano's eat. Take a trip up to Camalig and taste the famous Pinangat cuisine. Pinangat is a nutritious vegetable dish whose main ingredient includes shredded gabi leaves, a bit of red ginger, tiny shrimps or a slice of salted fish or pork.
Stay tuned for more practical advices from this side of the globe. For guided tours around Albay, you may check our tours here.